Please read these Listing Terms carefully as they contain important information about your legal rights, remedies and obligations. By Listing (as defined below) your property in our platform, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Listing Terms.
Date of last revision: September 2018
These Listing Terms (“Listing Terms” as updated from time to time in accordance with Article 5 of the Terms) constitute a legally binding agreement between you and Orento governing the Listing conducted through or in connection with Orento platform.
When these Listing Terms mention “Orento,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to the party you are contracting with:
- if your country of origin is in Indonesia, you are contracting with PT Orento Teknologi Indonesia, a limited liability company established and existing under the laws of the Republic of Indonesia, having its domicile in North Jakarta, Indonesia; and
- if your country of origin is in Australia or any other country other than Indonesia, you are contracting with Orento Pty Ltd, a company established and existing under the laws of Australia, having its domicile in Docklands, Victoria, Australia.
In addition to these Listing Terms, you are also bound to the Terms of Service (the “Terms”), Privacy Terms and Payment Terms that are published in Orento’s website. All capitalised terms have the meaning set forth in the Terms unless otherwise defined herein. Our details for the purpose of communication in relation to these Listing Terms can be found in Article 8.j of the Terms.
The provisions of Article 5 (Amendments), Article 6 (Governing Law and Language), Article 7 (Dispute Resolution) and Article 8 (General Provision) of the Terms shall apply mutatis mutandis to these Listing Terms as if expressly set out in full herein.
- Listing Requirements
- Members who offer lease of their properties in our platform are called “Host”. The lessors are called “Tenants”. In this Listing Terms, “you” shall also refer to the Host.
- A “Listing” means a publication of the offer to lease from you as the Host of your property in our platform.
- You may only list one property per Listing, however, you may include sub-listings within such property. For example, you can include in one list, three rooms that are available for three different Tenants within one property.
- There shall be not more than one (1) listing for every property, even though every listing can consist of more than one (1) sub-listing(s). You therefore may not list any property that has been listed in our platform. Should you find any Listing that offer a property that is already listed in our platform, you must contact our admin, who will sort out such issue.
- When creating a Listing through our platform you must (i) provide complete and accurate information about the property (such as listing description, location, amenities and availability), (ii) disclose any deficiencies, restrictions and requirements that apply and (iii) provide any other pertinent information requested by Orento. You are responsible for keeping your Listing information up-to-date at all times.
- You are solely responsible for setting a Rent amount (including any taxes if applicable) for the property in your Listing. Any taxes related with the Lease will be managed directly by you and is the full responsibility of you. Therefore, you should calculate any applicable taxes to the Rent amount to be published in your Listing. Orento will also deduct its applicable Orento Fees (as defined in the Terms) from such Rent amount.
- Any terms and conditions included in your Listing must not conflict with these Listing Terms, the Terms of Service, the Privacy Terms and the Payment Terms. The latest information, terms and conditions published in your Listing will be an attachment to the Lease Agreement between you and the Tenant.
- Pictures, animations or videos (collectively, "Images") used in your Listings must accurately reflect the quality and condition of your property at the time of the listing. Orento reserves the right to require that Listings have a minimum number of Images of a certain format, size and resolution. If there is any change on the quality and condition of the property between the time of the listing and the signing of the Lease Agreement, you must promptly inform the Tenant and describe such changes on the updated Listing information that will be attached to the Lease Agreement.
- The placement and ranking of Listings in search results on our platform may vary and depend on a variety of factors, such as the type of property, the satisfaction of verification documents, your requirements published in the Listing, the requested Rent, number and quality of Images, reviews and ratings as well as members’ search parameters and preferences.
- Orento Fees and Security Deposit
- When you as the Host and the Tenant have agreed and confirmed the Lease Agreement electronically, you are entering into a legally binding agreement with the Tenant and are required to provide your property to the Tenant as described in your latest Listing and the Lease Agreement.
- You also agree to pay Orento a service fee, and authorise Orento to collect such fees by deducting the amount due from the rent payment pursuant to the Payment Terms.
- You will also comply with any and all requirements to list and lease property under prevailing law and regulations of the jurisdiction where the property is located. You agree to release and hold harmless Orento from any and all claims, costs, fees or any demand whatsoever related with your or the Tenant’s failure to comply with any prevailing law and regulations.
- If your property is located in Australia, you may require a security deposit for your property in your Listing (“Security Deposit”). We will collect the Security Deposit from the Tenant to be further paid to your account. It is the responsibility of solely you as the Host to comply with the requirements on Security Deposit under any and all prevailing law and regulation where the property is located.
- If your property is located in Indonesia and you choose to require a Security Deposit for your property, you must also specify this in your Listing.
- The Lease Agreement will govern further details of the Lease fee, Orento Fee and Security Deposit.
- Representations and Warranties
- You represent and warrant that any Listing you post and the lease that will be agreed with the Tenant will (i) not breach any agreements you have entered into with any third parties, such as homeowners association, condominium, or other agreements, and (ii) comply with all applicable laws (such as zoning laws), tax requirements, and other rules and regulations (including having all required permits, licenses and registrations). As a Host, you are responsible for your own actions and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals who reside at or are otherwise present at the property at your request or invitation, excluding the Tenant (and the individuals the Tenants invites to the property, if applicable).
- You alone are responsible for identifying, understanding, and complying with all laws, rules and regulations that apply to their Listings and the property.
- You alone are responsible for identifying and obtaining any required licenses, permits, or registrations for any property they offer.
- Penalties may include fines or other enforcement. We provide some information in our Help Center to help you identify some of the obligations that apply to you. If you have questions about how local laws apply to your Listing(s) and properties on Orento, you should always seek legal guidance.