Please read these Privacy Terms carefully as they contain important information about your legal rights, remedies and obligations. By signing up an account with Orento platform and using the Services, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Privacy Terms.
Date of last revision: June 2018
By using or accessing our Services (as defined in Article 1 of the Terms of Service), you agree to these privacy terms (as updated from time to time in accordance with Article 5 of the Terms of Service, the “Privacy Terms”), the Terms of Service, the Payment Terms and the Listing Terms (as applicable) that are published in our platform. All capitalised terms have the meaning set forth in the Terms unless otherwise defined herein.
When agreed, these Privacy Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you and Orento. When these Privacy Terms mention “Orento,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to the party you are contracting with, namely:
- if your country of origin is in Indonesia, you are contracting with PT Orento Teknologi Indonesia, a limited liability company established and existing under the laws of the Republic of Indonesia, having its domicile in North Jakarta, Indonesia; and
- if your country of origin is in Australia, you are contracting with Orento Pty Ltd, a company established and existing under the laws of Australia, having its domicile in Docklands, Victoria, Australia.
Our details for the purpose of communication in relation to these Privacy Terms can be found in Article 8.j of the Terms.
The provisions of Article 5 (Amendments), Article 6 (Governing Law and Language), Article 7 (Dispute Resolution) and Article 8 (General Provision) of the Terms shall apply mutatis mutandis to these Privacy Terms as if expressly set out in full herein.
- Your privacy is very important to us. We will avoid any sharing of your personal information that are not prior agreed with you.
- We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop our platform, Services and Payment Services (as defined in the Payment Terms), and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
- You may review, update, or delete the information in your Orento account by logging in and access your account Settings. If you have chosen to connect your Orento account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your account Settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
- You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Orento account).
- We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your Orento account.
- To help facilitate lease transactions, we may share some portion of your information with other members of our platform and Services.
- Our platform also lets you publish information that is visible to the general public, such as your public profile, property listings, ratings and reviews.
- Information you share publicly on our platform may be indexed through third party search engines. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
- We use a variety of third party service providers to help us provide services related to our platform, Services and Payment Services.
- We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary.
- To help us provide the Services and Payment Services, we may share your information within our corporate family of companies that are related by common ownership or control.
- We may display parts of our platform on sites operated by our business partners that may include your page or property listings.
- We may also share aggregated information (information about our members that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual member) and non-personally identifiable information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on our platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
- You may link your Orento account with your account at a third party social networking service. When you create this link, some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Orento public profile and your activities on our platform may also be displayed in your linked social networking services.
- Some information that have been shared to public according to these Privacy Terms may still be available publicly even when you have canceled your account in our platform.
- We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. Please contact us if you know or have reason to believe that your Orento account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Orento account.
- You may exercise any of the rights described in this Privacy Terms in accordance with Article 8.j of the Terms. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.